Popcorn Hour A-400 Firmware Update
Popcorn Hour has released a major firmware update for their latest networked media tank, the A-400. Here are the details of the fixes and additions made to the new firmware:
Release Date: 12 December 2012
Firmware Version: 05-01-121206-24-POP-422-000
- Fixed SD Card support to allow use of Class 10 speed cards.
- Fixed BD/TS/M2TS Changing Audio or Seek on playback needs long time to recover audio.
- Fixed 3D playback stability issues.
- Fixed an issue where files can’t play back after powering off (screen off) and back on again.
- Fixed blinking playback of video files at 24p frame rates
- Added remember last audio track when resuming playback
- Added faster zooming and panning of video.
- Removed Subtitle Shadow .
- Improved Framerate sync detection.
- Fixed screensaver still can see video at the overscan area of the screen.
- Fixed proxy setting which did not take effect upon the unit is rebooted.
- Fixed incorrect input after pressing QWE / ABC button on keyboard.
- Fixed incorrect icon display after pressing QWE / ABC button on keyboard.
- Fixed wrong error message for those characters which cannot be used when renaming files.
- Fixed issue of unit not booting when both sata and e-sata hard disks are used at the same time.
- Added support up to 16 usb/sata devices.
- Updated French and German translations.
Networked Media Jukebox Fixes
- Fixed NMJ Navigator power key not working when in power down mode
- Fixed wall view mode: just show grey image but not default photo image
- Fixed show undefined for search by artist at Dutch, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish & Swedish.
- Fixed incorrect input after pressing QWE / ABC button on keyboard
- Fixed incorrect icon display after pressing QWE / ABC button on keyboard
- Updated French, Dutch and German translations.
Apps Market Fixes
- Fixed stuck in loading screen for some language setting.
To Be Fixed In The Next Firmware Update
The following are known issues that have been detected and fixed by Popcorn Hour and will be included in the next firmware update:
- Subtitles have too much spacing between the lines.
- Youtube videos will flicker when the screen resolution is set to 1080p24.
- After the playback of any movie file, the photo viewer will show BMP photos too dark.
- Some MKV/M2TS video files with DTSHD audio will flicker (Sigma Designs who produce the System-on-Chip Processor/Graphics for the Popcorn Hour units are working on a fix)
- Samba Network streaming issues
- some MKV files with subtitles will freeze when the first subtitle should appear.
- External subtitles are shown inside the movie instead of in the black bar at the bottom of the screen.
To update your Popcorn A-400 select the option to check for firmware updates in the ‘Settings’ -> ‘Maintenance’ menu. This process will only take a couple of moments to download and install.
For more information on the update and for current news and work-in-progress developments regarding the A-400 and earlier models be sure to check out Popcorn Hour’s user forums at www.networkedmediatank.com